Prenatal & Postpartum midwifery Care
Having a baby? Jamaa provides comforting and attentive Midwifery care in pregnancy and postpartum together with skilled doula support during birth.
Our midwives provide the foundation you need for a healthy hospital birth with expert and culturally based prenatal & postpartum care. Our unique model of childbirth education, nutrition, bodywork, and doula care ensure you have all the support you need.
Jamaa Birth Village currently offers holistic prenatal and postpartum care for pregnant people delivering at St. Louis area hospitals and birth centers. We are not currently accepting new home birth clients.
Black owned birth center coming in 2023!
Prenatal & Postpartum Care with Jamaa includes:
- Comprehensive 45-60 minute visits with your midwife in pregnancy & postpartum
- A birth doula customized for your birth & postpartum needs
- Childbirth & nutrition classes customized to fit your needs
- Care with holistic body workers (massage & chiropractic)
- Newborn feeding support with our lactation specialist
- Access to our mental health counselors, herbal apothecary, organic community garden, and so much more!
Jamaa Midwives offer preconception appointments where we learn more about you, your health history and wellness goals in planning your future pregnancy. Preconception care includes an individualized client-led plan including nutrition, exercise, herbal and vitamin supplements recommended for preparing your body and womb for a successful and healthy pregnancy. Holistic care services are available a la carte to support your body during the pre-conception phase, including:
- Heat & Crystal Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Chiropractic Care
- Sauna Therapy
- Yoni Steam Therapy
- Well-baby exams for the first 6-8 weeks of life integrated with postpartum care for birthing parent
- Breastfeeding support
- Daily-weekly weight-checks, if needed
- Hearing Screening